Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas and this week's goal

We had a fantastic Christmas. I want to wrap it up and open it every Christmas for the next ten years. The hype of Christmas met their expectations. We did have tears on Christmas Eve when Benjamin opened pajamas. That was my fault because I didn't prepare him adequately. I should have told him it was going to be very cool pajamas (and they were: Lighting McQueen!).

James' parents spent the night and had a fun dinner with us the on Christmas day along with my mom and dad and the Campbells, James sister's family. We headed up to the cabin for a great sledding party the next day. I wish I had gone out and recorded Addie on the hill. She is fearless and stayed out so long, James and she were icicles when they came back in. I hung out with the babies, and frosted sugar cookies.

About sugar cookies. I'm so addicted. I can't make them because I can't keep away from them. James actually is the sugar cookie maker. I head up the frosting and decorating. Yumm. This year it was the Christmas Trees with green frosting and tree sprinkles that just wowed me. Watch out Valentines.

About my cards. I finished them around Christmas eve and sent them out on the 27th. Better late than never right? I read the random sampler in December's Ensign about simplifying Christmas. I'm taking it to heart for next year. Kids get ONE present from Santa and I'm done with the shopping on December 1st. This goes for Christmas cards as well. If they are not made by then, forget it. Just enjoy Christmas.

This next week's focus is a joint project. We've decided to put a 1/2 bath in our laundry room right where this very computer I'm typing sits, so we need to set up a more central location for the home computer. I bought the ALVE secretary and addon from IKEA on Saturday and 4 hours later James had it put together. It holds a computer well and hides one too. But we had to order a flat screen monitor for it to fit and that will be here by Friday. So hopefully next Sunday I can post a picture of our new, aesthetically pleasing, non- laundering computer area, that utilizes our family room space effectively. I'm so excited about this because a new bathroom will lead to new flooring and that's the only hangup I have left about the upstairs. Yea, Yea, Yea.

Sorry no pictures--This major computer moving has already interfered with loading camera photos. I'll post some next week. What is every one's focus this week?

10 comments:

Robyn said...

I can't wait to see the computer set up. My focus for the week-Primary, Primary, Primary-Oh, and book club (Yea!).

Amber said...

Too bad- you HAD to get a flat screen for your new computer desk ;) My goal is to not have gained too much weight over the holidays; I have a Dr appointment this week and don't want to be told that I'm a fatty!

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it. When does the new couch come????

Anonymous said...

My goal is to not let my kids know that I am counting down the 36 hours until they are back in school :-)

Jennifer said...

My goals this week are to get back into decent bedtimes for the kids (and hopefully proportionally reduce the number of meltdowns around here -- mine included), to downsize the Christmas decorations as I pack them up again, and to put fresh blankets on all six beds. Wish me luck!

By the way, Nora, I really enjoyed your Christmas card and letter. I'm glad you put forth the effort. Your mention of Charlotte touched me. I, too, am happy that you're so blessed now. What's more, I love that you see it that way.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angi said...

Hi Nora, hey that is exciting to get your new bathroom. Aren't they great! Brent is finishing one downstairs for the boys. Yippee. I can't wait till it's done. Then I won't have to disclaimer the bathroom upstairs when someone wants to use it. Like remember boys use this room, or use it at your own risk.
I hope you had a wonderful Holiday season.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello, I was googling my name and found your site. My name is also Addie Mair. Just thought that was kinda neat since both names are rather unique!

Whitney said...

Nora, I love your blog and I always appreciate your comments on mine. I never have time to comment but it's late and I have no children hanging on me at the moment. I just wanted to say you have a beautiful family and I love my cousins!!