Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Putting it out there....

I talked with Robyn about getting things done. We came to the conclusion that if we said we were going to do something it might have a better chance at getting done. I did it today. Sweet Sister B. at church mentioned she had a gift for baby Stu and I told her to bring it to choir because I was thinking of joining.....low and behold I went. How many Sundays have passed when I mentally yearned.... and today I said it to someone and I went! Sister B. gave me a crocheted flannel burp cloth and this is the best ward choir I've ever been in. Equal numbers of men and women.

So I'm starting a Sunday night routine. You're welcome to join me. I'm putting out there the thing that most needs attention for the week. Yea. So I'm accountable and pictures of the goal finished could follow (maybe) No, pictures will be the proof!

This week.....I will decide on some furniture for the family room. I'm so determined at what I have envisioned and disappointed at what I've seen so far... I will stop being picky and just go and find something that I like and that looks good.

There it's out there. The world knows and I know that y'all know and now I have to do it. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. I mentally yearn for a lot of things..I never ever tell someone I am going on a diet because then you might have to stick to it! Ok.. this week I am going to organize my mud room. Check on me by Fiday :-)

The Peake Family said...

Nora, don't you just love the Internet. Yes we are in OK. Wow, how your family has grown! Beautiful kids. Keep in touch.

Unknown said...

My suggestion on the furniture, don't settle for something that "will work". You are going to have it for a long time, get something that you love, that is a classic look and that will survive 4 rambunctious kids.

Sharon said...

I can't wait to see the new furniture when we come in January!

dishes and laundry said...

Go Nora! Go Nora!
Choose furniture!
Choose furniture!
(see, I'm cheering for you)

Robyn said...

I think it is great to say it and at least get the process started. I am going back to the gym on Monday-even though my armpits hurt from the push ups Amy made us do on Friday. :)

Unknown said...

OK, let's hear it, do you have new furniture yet???