Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

33 and Counting!


So I'm now 33! This is the cake I made and believe it or not it took me all day. I can't think of a better way to spend a day. I kept getting distracted with other things and the cake was a little over baked. Our friend Dave commented that his mother's cakes were very dry and she had 10 kids! Correlation: The more kids you have the more over baked your cakes are. Although my mom had 9 kids and her cakes are great. She has amazing focusing skills. I did have a special afternoon rescue by Robyn who came over and whipped my kids in to cleaning up everything and she loaded the dishwasher. TRUE friend. I took a shower while the ganache chocolate cooled. Here's a link to the recipe. It was divine.

5 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Wow - the cake looks beautiful and yummy. The ganache just shines!!!
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Love ya!

Sharon said...

I hope you had a wonderful Birthday! I wish I could have sampled the cake, it lookes delicious!

Unknown said...

mmmmm, looks delish! Happy Birthday, you look great!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! but sweetie- why are you making your own b-day cake? That is the #1 birthday no-no in our house. I will mark my calendar and next year I don't want you to even think about turning on your oven :-)

Angi said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Nora Happy Birthday to you!! Congrats on 33. I remember it vaguely. 7 years ago. Wow. We were in the same ward then.

Well the cake looks amazing too. I bet it tasted terrific.