Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2007

We just got back from the Mother Land-- the Tetons. It was a great trip. We had some cute cabins that I didn't take a picture of but were so nice being as pregnant as I am. Everyone that saw me walking around with our gaggle of kids and me, plodding along had pain/sympathy in their eyes. It really was a vacation for me. Everything thought of a head of time. The kids had both of us to bounce off of. Great. The first night we threw rocks in the lake and enjoyed the beautiful mountains. Little did we know they would be covered up with rain clouds for the next 24 hours.
Paige deciding which rock to suck on first.
Paige and Addie at the visitors center at Colter Bay. Yea that's an elks horn she's chewing on. Real hands (mouth) on!
We cooked out at String lake on Sunday and after went swimming. So much fun but from reports that water was cold. I didn't get in. I can't believe it either. Truthfully I do a lot of sitting now days--That's probably why-- just too busy sitting.
Paige keeping herself busy with hotdogs and a water bottle. She ate about half of it and then filled up a water bottle with the rest. Food storage?
WE HIKED TOO. At String Lake we walked over to the bridge that heads up Paintbrush Canyon. It was beautiful. Ian found this rock and had to climb it. My kids followed suit. It was two miles round trip. After being in the car, the visitor centers, and lodges for a whole day they had energy to use up.




3 comments:

Brandi said...

That looks fun, Nora. I was thinking about you this weekend while we were camping. Wondering how you were doing hiking and all. Hope you're feeling well. You should post pictures of all the paint jobs you've been doing!

Robyn said...

So much fun-can't wait until next year!

dishes and laundry said...

What a fun trip! Your kids are getting so big! Have you taken them to Arches? You're the ones who told us about Sand Dune Arch - so much fun!

That picture of Paige chewing on the elk's horn cracked me up and reminded of Cameron on a trip to Sportsman's Warehouse. He was thinking he'd found the coolest hiking stick and of course, wanted Troy to buy it for him (never hurts to ask is his motto). I'd have given anything for a picture of his face when Troy told him it was actually a bull's penis. At least he was past the chewing on things stage!