Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

NO MORE PINK!

I could not be any more excited at the spurt of nesting/energy I had last week. I painted my hall, family room, and kitchen. It is incredibly liberating. Our neighbor is a painter and really hooked me up with paint and some taping. He chuckled a little because the previous owners had painted about 6 months before they sold the house to us and had asked Jim for a bid. He quoted them $1800! They found some one to do it for cheaper but what motivation after I heard that. My 4 days of physical labor was worth $1800!! And credit is due to Robyn the fastest taper, cutter and cheerleader and James who did all the high parts for me. We painted a brownish color-- Swoosh--Addie said it was a boring color but at least it's not peach anymore. When the carpet comes in about two weeks I'll post a picture of the entire transformation. It'll be a new house!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Cute new layout! And of course I love the picture at the top. It is 3:30 in the morning-are you awake? The paint does look great. Can't wait to see the mountians in person!
Robyn

Brandi said...

I love the new blog layout! Way to go on painting your house. WOW! I can't wait to see it. Hope that energy lasts till the end of the pregnancy and the dog days of summer don't keep you down!

Sharon said...

You're AMAZAING! I can't wait to see pictures of the transformation! Your worth $1,800 any day!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to be invited over to see the new paint!