Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Conversations for the week…

At this week’s Dr appointment I was given a score of 1 for dilation and in the Dr’s. Words: "a lot lower than last week…”  James wonders how he remembers positions of all the babies when he checks their mammas…  I also heard some utterances of…“could come earlier than April 2nd”  Music to my ears but stress to the James Mair.
 
He’s been on a project for more than a year and it “goes live” April 1st.  Timing: we’re champs.  Speaking of which, the kid’s have spring break the three days before baby!  Yes, the Friday, Monday & Tuesday before I get induced on Wednesday (the 2nd)!IMG_1944At the non stress test this week, the nurse was Kathleen.  She was the nurse when I delivered Charlotte and we liked her so much we asked for her when we had Adelaide.  Haven’t had her since though.  Her words: “who would have thought to go through something like that, and now to be having your 7th!  Some births you never forget!” so true.

I’m at the point now where I look twice as big the next time you see me, and that could even be 10 minutes later.  Baby’s spine is running up, belly right, and it’s the left side that’s playing the game of twister.  Knee on mom’s bladder, elbow to the rib, now, foot to the midsection and streeeeeetch.   IMG_1952At “show and teach” in Kindergarten, Stuart taught the class how to make a Zoob guy and what he likes to build with Zoobs.  Stuart got these for Christmas (although I've seen the as low as $48)and we give them two thumbs up!  Hours and hours of building and creating.  I remember Benjamin really liking Legos at 6, but finding them frustrating, too—there is no frustration with Zoobs.  And they don’t get lost in carpet!IMG_1953IMG_1955IMG_1956[1]Paige lost a tooth and here’s an idea if you need it...Surprise dad with the news using a post-it on his bathroom mirror.  Works every time ;)IMG_1961Sharon flew away Tuesday morning after the funeral, but not with out being my life coach and forcing a menu out of me for the week!  Life saving.  Also a trip through my closet to reclaim what’s on it’s way out along with a new scarf from Downeast.  Excellent picks!photoWe hosted a progressive dinner on Saturday night with folks from our ward.  “I can’t believe you’re hosting?”  were words spouted without encouragement.  Let me explain.  #1  I have a brand new house, where nothing is broken, nothing needs to be painted or fixed, & my only qualm was the west sun that I battled with a shower curtain and duct tape.  #2  I’ve been in charge of these things before and no one ever wants to host the dinner.  It’s like asking for a kidney…#3  In 16 days I’ll be out of commission.  There won’t be dinners with adults and conversation all in the comfort of my own home for a while, especially where someone else decides the menu and buys it and drops it off for me to cook.  Can you say Cordon Bleu?IMG_1950[1]Sunday afternoons need three things: a nap, some baking, and an easy dinner.  Tonight: Neiman Marcus cookies—the recipe made 90—Thank you Vanessa for planting that idea.  If you need an easy & quick pasta dinner, make Pecorino Romano.  It goes well with asparagus and sliced sausage links from the junk store if you have any.     IMG_1939            From my Grandpa’s daily pocket calendar 2007.  My birthday is written in on the the 12th.  Yea Grandpa!  Still missing and feeling his mortality.

PS.  If you haven’t checked out www.projectsconnect2014.blogspot.com there’s plenty of inspiration there of real people doing amazing projects.     

2 comments:

Becky said...

Nora my friend! You are in the home stretch. I love that you connected with your former nurse. So great!

Jennifer said...

Addie is a beautiful girl! Hope you'll get Kathleen again. As for spring break, we have CT and another appt. on the 31st, so we we won't be doing a trip. Count on me for some kiddie diversions.