Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tidbits and updates

This week I made 3 trips to Salt Lake and Centerville.  A lot was happening to the house, and, well, how indeed could all the subs finish without my weight shifting gaze and presence?  Details!  Lighting, holes for a soap pump, hardy board color and trim, laundry chute activity, wrong range (oh but you knew that?), wrong laundry sink (you knew that too?, I’m just trying to be helpful), house number in the wrong order (oh, you didn’t know about that?  well good thing I was here:).

102058

036

Benjamin tracked off earlier than the rest of the kids from school here.  One might say I let him quit, but he put in two and a half months...and until we move he's hauling wood, taking county map quizzes, doing flashcards, Book of Mormon chapter summaries, chess class with Grandma and typing practice.  Call it!077096074076

Isaac watching cement being poured at Grandma Christy’s.  He loves her kitty collection too.  Recess…

Adelaide and Paige do not waste movie/TV time.  They start a movie at 5:30 and set an alarm for 5:59 so they have a minute to switch over to Brady Bunch.  They watch the first episode and then switch back to the movie from 6:24 – 6:29 and then Brady Bunch until 6:54 and then back to the movie until I call for dinner.  Mary Poppins took three days to watch, Swiss Family Robinson, four.  

Movies & reviews for me and James this week:

  • James Bond, Skyfall. Eye roll.  The whole movie to protect Ma’am and she dies anyway. 
  • Captain Philips. Intense.  Tom Hanks does shock and trauma well. 
  • The Tourist. Another eye roll.  Angelina is pretty to watch, however I fell asleep two minutes before the (twist of an) ending. 

I ate lunch with Krissy and she told me all about her trip to Costa Rica.  Did you know I went there last February?  In fact, a year ago today I was soaking in the Hot Volcanic Springs of Tabacon in the Arenal Volcanic region of the La Fortuna area.  (straight from my line a day journal)  I need to do a write up about it, because I’m starting to forget, and it’s been one of our best trips.  191

Do you need an answer to socks that make it through the laundry cycle with holes?  This one’s a winner.  1.  Dampen the clean, holy, sock with water from the next load you’re filling.  2.  Wipe down the entire washer and dryer and throw the filthy sock away.  In stoic nobility the sock is fulfilling its final duty before meeting its demise.   Oh never mind?  Your holy socks never make it through a cycle?  Your washer and dryer are lint and liquid detergent splatter free?  nice.

Tom and Kim made us sushi!  Delicious.  I had to work hard for this appointment, hitting up multiple times and worming my way into their schedule.  “Tom, when are you going to make me sushi?”  But             where else do I eat endless California rolls with Sriracha mayo and eel sauce, yes and pass the crunchy onions too? (Smith’s grocery at dinner time but it’s not endless, in fact it’s just a bite) Bentley talked Benjamin into trying one.  That’s something!

083086090093

We went to our new ward on Sunday.  James was very excited, talking about neighbors and shaping futures and all.  I tried to stay aloof, refusing to remember and acknowledge how much the village helps and nurtures families who all worship together.  We met super nice folks, excited to meet us and find out the ages of our kids.  We’ll be a good fit; we’ve already increased their primary by 20%. 081

We had a bunch of snow over the weekend and it was great for building a snowman, which is what Adelaide did first thing Saturday morning.  Also, suiting up in snow clothes is easier than getting dressed so she could eat breakfast. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please keep this up, you are too funny and your kids are too cute not to. When did Tom start making Sushi? Impressive!

Jennifer said...

I've decided I'm just not a joyful person -- even though I want to be -- but I love your example, and the way you make me smile. Great shot of you under the water. :)