Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Apple Pudding Cake

Make this make this make this make this!  You won’t regret the butter sauce.    Well, you might, but your dreams, kisses and dirty plates will be rich and sweet.  I made it last night for book club and it foiled my turkey and brown rice commitment.  Today I fought back by feeding the leftovers to the kids.  You didn’t see me mopping up the sauce off Addie’s plate with a crust of whole wheat bread.    

1 cube (stick) butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

4 large unpeeled apples, grated

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and apples.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Stir in nuts.  Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350 for 40-45 minutes. 

Sauce

2 cubes butter, no substitues

1 cup evaporated milk

2 cups sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.  Serve warm over cake. 

No comments: