Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sleep or Slim

I’ve never been able to lose baby weight while nursing a baby due to a lack of motivation and an insatiable appetite.

I’ve never trained for a race while nursing either. 

In February I tried both at the same time.  James and I joined the West Jordan’s Biggest Loser contest and I started training for the Woman of Steele triathlon.  It went well for about 7 weeks and then baby went through a growth spurt.  He stopped sleeping long hours and sucked even when there wasn’t any milk left.

If I lived 100 years ago my profession would have been wet nurse so my conscience was troubled.  I’ve always produced.  I figured I had to either quit trying to be the biggest loser or quit training.  I started eating butter again happy was the babe.  I’m still training for the WOS and I’ll do an update on that soon.  It’s four weeks away.  

As far as the contest —we made all the required weigh ins hoping for one of the random drawings of $50.  James won that (the guy is so lucky) and I won a water bottle.     

Nora Mair

In the end I lost 11 pounds before I gave up.  Is this a downer post?  I hope not.  11lbs!  WhaHoo!  I feel like I could have weaned Ike, supplemented, found a better balance of butter in my life, but I went with the workouts, which have been really fun and have done wonders for my mood.  I’ve got my whole life to lose weight right?  

2 comments:

Sushi-Mama said...

I choose the sleep.... but, you go girl! You look awesome!!!! I am very amazed by all you do. Can you share some energy with me? That darn butter. We love it too. Aren't you glad to find out it's better for us than margarine, after all? Chris made the yummiest sauce: butter (of course), soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Oh, it is yummy on just about anything!

utdaisy said...

That's amazing...I can never lose and nurse for the same reasons. And I actually gained 20 after the last baby was born...pathetic! But I figure I only have a year to nurse my baby and the rest of my life to lose it! Way to go lady!