Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Chicks—and Cool

The kids played outside yesterday and today.  yea yea yea.  This great weather as made me aware of two things.  We need to fix some flat bike tires and the front flower beds looked better covered in snow.  But bring on spring and summer because sandals mean less socks in the laundry.  Another yea, yea, yea! 

My delightful neighbor Savannah is learning to play the guitar, under my tutelage.  My skills are rusty and my best stuff include camp songs and John Denver. Whenever I start a new student I search out fun, playable, more recent (this century) music to play.  Have you heard of Ingrid Michaelson?  Yes, I’m a little slow, she’s very 2008ish but her songs are delightful.  Do you play the guitar?  Is your capo    locatable?  (Mine was lost in my socks for years).  Do you have kids that think everything you do is boring?  So, play the song Everybody with these chords, include the funky clapping at the end, and sing loud!  Now you’re cool. 

009

The chicks played outside for the first time.  The red one is Addie’s replacement.  Her name is Ruby.    014 017

Benjamin’s friend that’s a girl, holding Ruby and carrying Nugget.

007

The beloved Bumbo that Isaac dislikes greatly, and a window in Benjamin’s mouth. 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

See Nora blog. Blog Nora blog!!
I LOVE the picture of all 3 boys!
You are going to have to give me a chicken lesson. They are so cute.

Unknown said...

Why does it always seem like baby chicks just love baby kids more than grown up ones?

Love that pose of the boys! First one I've seen in the whole world - without all the gang signs! LOL Soooo much more pleasant to view, huh!!!

Unknown said...

Never a dull moment at the Mair residence! I'm thinking of getting chicks.