Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Easiest and Fluffiest Whole Wheat Bread Ever

This recipe came from my sister Vanessa. I watched her make it once and thought, "Oh I get it...I could do that". It's really a fluffy whole wheat bread that has a good bite to it. Like I know whole wheat breads. I don't but I really like this one. It's cheap too. Each loaf is about 60 cents. Sold.

6 C Warm Water

2/3 C Oil

2/3 C Honey

2 T Salt

3 T Yeast

3 T Gluten

3 T Dough Enhancer

12-13 C Whole Wheat Flour

Prepare in a large mixer (Bosch or KitchenAid). Or in a bowl with the flour in a well on the counter.

Mix together all ingredients except the flour and let it sit for a minute, then add the flour, 4 cups at a time. It might end up needing up to 14 cups of flour. Once all the flour is mixed in, the dough should be a little sticky but firm.

Mix on high for 8 minutes in the kitchen mixer. Divide dough into 5 blobs. Roll each blob into a rectangle, then roll it into a loaf shape and place it seam side down in the pan. Let rise for 1 hour. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees. In my gas oven, I usually bake it for 28 minutes. To get 5 loaves into my oven, I place one loaf (the runt) horizontally in the back and the other 4 vertical to the one in the back.

In the KitchenAid, I halved it to make 2 gigantic loaves.

Sliced into 16 slices, each slice is one weight watcher point.

I strongly recommend using aluminum pans to get a nice light-in-color crust.

I make 5 loaves and store them in the freezer. I think it tastes better the second day.

No comments: