Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hulu and an XBOX

Have you heard of HULU? Hulu.com has many a TV show to watch with "limited commercial interruptions" and it's been a diversion for James and me this January. For action --some what Macgyver like, I'll recommend Burn Notice. Also, Psych and Monk--classic USA staples. Free, free and available anytime--back to back episodes-- even three in a row. The down side is that you have to watch it on the computer screen--Que the XBOX--James' belated Christmas gift. Some how it negotiates with the computer to fling TV (hulu shows) to the TV set. I'm impressed.

The Golden Phoenix? Heard of it? A some what shabby but very tasty Chinese place, on 10th South and State in Salt Lake. I've eaten there 3 times in the last month and each time I plan, in my head, a reason to return. It's never crowded, it's best for large parties to chitchat around a round table with a lazy Susan to eat off of family style, and I would recommend my latest favorite--the Curry Chicken. Anyone want to go and celebrate Chinese New Year? Lincoln or Washington's birthday? How about the vernal equinox? Anyone?

Do you need to go to Seattle? Flights are $51 each way. Southwest is doing a deal until the end of May but I'm looking away because...Stuart and I are off to Michigan this week to visit my sister, Sharon and her family. It's incredulous that I'm jetting somewhere. She's warned me about the cold but nothing will beat the fun she has planned. Cold or no cold. I can't wait.

9 comments:

LaurieJ said...

It's hard having sisters who live far away but the bonus is getting to take a little vacation to see them!

Amber said...

YES, I want to go to the Golden Phoenix for ANY occasion! What a cult following I've created- Cori goes there any chance she gets, too!

If you're going to Michigan, does that mean you won't be swimming on Friday?

Janice said...

Oi tudo bem? I am really rusty on my Portugues. I am jealous that you get to take a vacation with just one of your kids. How fun! I just decided to check out your blog since you put it on your Christmas card. What a cute family! I have never heard of Hulu. I will have to check it out.

Christensen family said...

You are to fun. Have a 'chillin' time in Michigan. If you take up the great flight prices to Seattle, you can always rent a car and drive 5 hours to visit us in Spokane... tempting???

Jade said...

Thanks for the info Nora! I'll have to try the Golden Phoenix (maybe that will help me break my addiction to the Asian Star=)

Heather C. said...

I would go to the Golden Phoenix with you!
I booked flights last week for our whole fam to go to Seattle (see you soon, Justin and Ali!) and was able to change them on your tip. You are your mother's daughter!

kelly said...

I feel that very same way about PF Chang's. I could go there every day and think about the next time I am going to return. It is just so sad that the closest one to us is in Boston, but I do try and make it down once a year at least. Sometimes more. I love the pictures of your kids and family along the side of the blog. You have a wonderful family.

Miss M said...

I totally agree with you about the Golden Phoenix. I went there on a date once and was thoroughly impressed.

Carly G. said...

Thanks for the Seattle flight tip! LEvi and I booked our flights and we'll be enjoying the Emerald City in May. Thanks Nora!