Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Le Leche League look away

Hormones...intense food consumption...poor time management (being late)...busting out...All these have one common factor...nursing the boy. And these really haven't been factors at all over the last 8 months. I have enjoyed immensely my piled dinner plate and chocolate covered creamies. I've also enjoyed snuggling with Stu as he relished his feedings. Until Wednesday. I decided I was done. I'm pretty sure I'm done forever even if I have more kids...

It has not gone smoothly. Those of you nursing look away--I'm not the example.

He caught a cold on Friday and was miserable and hungry. But I was resolute. I had skipped too many feedings to go back anyway. It's been two, almost three days and he'll drink 2 ounces at a time of formula or whole milk or a mixture. Can you believe me? He's such a fourth child--I'm giving him cow's milk before he's one... He could care less what it is--it's not me--


Mother's day was sweet though. Both Stu and Paige had high fevers the night before so I was up a bunch--but isn't that what mother's day is all about? Also chocolate, flowers, a new camera and breakfast in bed. What was nice too, was having James home on Sunday morning. My Sunday School class was even civil. I couldn't have asked for a better day (well the sickies weren't fun).

I'm up for another focus week. Yoga on Wednesday morning and only an hour of computer time a day! (glutton-I know) I'll report how I did. I just have to set a timer or put on an hour show and hold my self to it. What's every one's focus for the week?

I'll post some pictures from my new camera later. I can't quite figure out how to get them onto the computer yet.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Free at last, free at last...

Sharon said...

Hold your ground, he'll survive! I'm going to attack my bedroom closet, it's so embarrassing!

Kim said...

I'm covering my eyes;) Tom has said more than once that if you want a hot topic just bring up religion, politics, or breast feeding. hehe

I'm going to workout consistently... How long has that been a goal; I've just gotten too soft. I like my sleep. And for the computer... Tom has set my computer's internet to shut off at 10:15. I asked him to do it, but every night it is painful.

Kim said...

I guess I didn't really finish my thought...
Second goal: less time on the computer. I like the timer trick. I may try that as well:)

amylouwhosews said...

nora you crack me up!! I feel your pain. . .

I'm going to get my office/baby's room cleaned up! Seriously. (And the less time on the computer and working out thing)

Michelle said...

I know, it's bad but I really don't enjoy nursing. I was so glad when the nurses advised me with the twins that I should supplement with formula. I nursed them longer than the boys because the pressure was off. Bad mom! Oh well, I guess I'm nursing the next little one too but I'm not really excited about sore nipples, bad time management, and wet shirts in- ahem-unsightly places.